We have always loved taking the path less travelled by. Ignaz Unterthurner learned the art of distilling from the farmers of South Tyrol, who operated illicit stills to make their own stores of
In 1947, he and his wife Luise opened an official private distillery in Marlengo – a somewhat courageous decision, given the harsh political and economic climate of post-war South Tyrol. In the 1980s, their son Alois and his wife Christine took over the distillery, opting to produce spirits from berries rather than the commonly used Williams pear. And in doing so, they laid the foundations for the range of products which we offer today.
Stephan and his wife Renate have now brought our story into its third generation. Open to new partnerships, and inspired by the unfamiliar, they are spurred onwards by the urge to outstrip the highest of quality, time after time. We will continue to expand the product range with new creations set to inspire connoisseurs long into the future, including South Tyrolean gin. And thus, with a restructured range and a revamped design, the passion to develop endures.